At a meeting of the 1908 Nomination Committee yesterday, the following schedule was decided upon for the voting for Class officers and for Class Day committees:
Thursday, December 12.--List of voters posted. Nominations for Class officers announced.
Friday, December 13.--Nominations for Class Day committees announced.
Saturday, December 14.--Time for additional nominations for Class officers closes at 7 P. M.
Sunday, December 15.--Time for petitioning for additions to voters' list closes at 7 P. M.
Monday, December 16.--Voting for Class officers in CRIMSON office.
Tuesday, December 17.--Time for additional nominations for Class Day committees closes at 7 P. M.
Wednesday, December 18.--Final list of nominations for Class Day committees announced.
Thursday, December 19.--Voting for Class Day committees.
Rules to Govern Elections.
The following rules to govern both elections have been drawn up by the Nomination Committee and will be submitted to the class at the meeting this evening:
1. There shall be no election of the President or a Vice-President, but the First Marshal shall act as the Class President and the Second Marshal as Vice-President until Class Day, and the permanent Secretary as Class Secretary.
2. The Australian ballot system shall be used.
3. The officers, namely: Marshals, Secretary, Treasurer, Orator, Ivy Orator, Poet, Odist, and Chorister, shall be elected on Monday, December 16, and the Committees on Thursday, December 19.
4. The polls shall be open from 8 A. M. to 5 P. M. each election day at the CRIMSON office.
(a) All men who are candidates for the degrees of A. B. or S. B. in 1908; all men who have received or will receive their degrees as of the class of 1908; and all men who are fourth year special students shall be eligible to vote. In addition, men now in the University who entered with the class of 1908, and are not officially registered with the class of 1908, may, on petition, vote. No man who has voted in any previous Class Day elections shall be eligible to vote.
(b) A provisional list of voters compiled by the Nomination Committee will be posted at the Union, Leavitt & Peirce's, Memorial Hall, Randall Hall, Gore Hall, Sever Hall, and the CRIMSON office, on Thursday, December 12.
(c) Any man whose name is not on the list of voters, compiled by the "Nomination Committee, may petition the Committee, and such petitions shall be passed on finally by the Committee. Petitions must be placed in a box provided for the purpose in the CRIMSON office, before 7 P. M. Sunday, December 15.
6. (a) Additional nominations must be made by petitions to the Nomination Committee signed by fifty eligible voters. Additional nominations of officers will be received until 7 P. M., Saturday, December 14; and for Committees until 7 P. M., Tuesday, December 17. All petitions must be placed in the box, provided for the purpose in the CRIMSON office.
(b) The provisional list of nominations will be published in the CRIMSON of December 12. The final list of nominations for officers will be published in the CRIMSON of Monday, December 16. The final list of nominations for Committees will be published in the CRIMSON of Wednesday, December 18.
(c) No person may run for more than one office or Committee. Any candidate failing of election to an office is eligible for nomination to a Committee, such nominations to be made by the Nomination Committee or on petition of fifty eligible voters. Such petitions must be placed in a box provided for that purpose in the CRIMSON office before 7 P. M., Tuesday, December 17.
7. (a) Every elector hall vote for three candidates for Marshals, indicating his preference for First Marshal. Of the three elected, that candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First Marshal shall be declared First Marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total vote is highest shall be the Second Marshal, and the other one the Third Marshal.
(b) Every elector shall vote for two candidates for the Class Committee, three for the Photograph Committee and seven for the Class Day Committee. The two candidates receiving the highest number of votes for the Class Committee, and the three candidates receiving the highest number of votes for the Photograph Committee, and the seven candidates receiving the highest number of votes for the Class Day Committee shall be declared elected. Each Committee shall elect its own chairman.
(c) If any office or position becomes vacant for any reason, the vacancy shall be filled by that candidate who shall have received the next highest number of votes for that office or Committee.
8. Every ballot not containing the required number of names for Marshals or the respective committees shall be invalid for the Marshals or that Committee.
9. (a) The Treasurer shall be a regular member of the Class Committee. The three Marshals and the Secretary shall be ex-officiis members of the Class Committee.
(b) At meetings of the class after Class Day the First Marshal shall preside and in his absence the Second Marshal, and in the absence of the Second Marshal the Third Marshal