HARVARD, 12; DARTMOUTH, 3

Hockey Team Victorious In Stadium. Townsend Scored Six Goals.

The University hockey team defeated Dartmouth easily by a score of 12 to 3 yesterday afternoon in the Stadium rink. This was the only league game played by Harvard in Cambridge, and the result placed Harvard second in the league. The University team was superior to Dartmouth throughout. The size of the score may be partly accounted for by the fact that Dartmouth had lost three of her men within the last few days.

At the very beginning of play Rumsey scored by a quick shot, and soon after Richardson tied the score by pushing the puck into the net while lying on the ice. The University forwards controlled the puck most of the time but were prevented from scoring by strong play of the Dartmouth defense. The half ended with Harvard in the lead 6 to 1.

In the second half, as in the the first, the University team scored in the first minute, and again Richardson followed with a goal for Dartmouth. Townsend scored repeatedly, seconded well by both Pell and Rumsey.

On the defense Foster's body-checking at cover-point was the most effective that he has done, and Willetts kept the puck well away from the goal. Three substitutes were put in near the end of the game of whom Leonard at right centre did good work.

The summary: HARVARD  DARTMOUTH. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Brett Townsend, capt., l.c.  r.c., Richardson Rumsey, Leonard, r.c.  l.c., Foote Newhall, Edgell, r.e.  l.e., Marston Foster, c.p.  c.p., Peirce Willetts, Sampson, p.  p., Crocker Carpenter, g.  g., Erhard

Score--Harvard, 12; Dartmouth, 3. Goals--Townsend 6, Pell 3, Rumsey 3, Richardson 2, Marston. Referee--Dr. F. J. Goodridge '98. Timekeeper--Trainer Donovan. Time--20-minute halves.