BASKETBALL WITH COLUMBIA

In Gymnasium at 8.--Harvard Handicapped by Loss of Broun.

The University basketball team will play Columbia tonight in the Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock.

Columbia is at present tied with Yale for first place in the Intercollegiate League, and tonight's game will do much to determine the final standing in the league. Early in the season Columbia lost a game to Yale, but with that exception has not been defeated. The team is unusually strong this year, and has already defeated the University team by the score of 18 to 6, and this week defeated Yale. The University team, besides being defeated by Columbia and Yale, has lost a game to Princeton and forfeited one to Pennsylvania, but on the other hand has beaten Cornell twice, Princeton, and Pennsylvania by forfeit.

Harvard will enter the game considerably handicapped by the loss of Broun, who injured his knee in the Dartmouth game last Saturday, and will probably be unable to play the rest of the season. Yet with Currie and Allen at forward and Amberg at centre the team should present a fairly strong offense. Captain Burnham and Brooks at guard have played a consistent game all the season and are especially expert in covering their opponents and blocking attempts at goals. Although it is expected that Columbia will win, the score should be low, owing to the strong defense of the University team.

Admission tickets at 50 cents each may be obtained at the door.

The line-up: HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. Allen, l.f.  r.g., Hurley Currie, r.f.  l.g., Armstrong Amberg, c.  c., Ryan Burnham, l.g.  r.f., Melitzer Brooks, r.g.  l.f., Cuthell