FRESHMEN, 23; YALE 1910, 17

Harvard Won Exciting Game by Accurate Shooting and Fast Play.

The Freshman basketball team defeated the Yale freshmen in the Gymnasium last night by the score of 23 to 17. The game was fast and exciting, but little team work was shown by either side. The shooting of the Freshmen was excellent, and Wallace was very steady at throwing baskets from fouls, succeeding in five out of his seven attempts.

A short time after the opening of the game, Wallace scored a goal from a foul, but Ijams turned the score in Yale's favor by making a goal from the floor. By fast playing, White succeeded in throwing two goals from the floor in quick succession and Wallace added two points on fouls. Ijams at this point scored for Yale. White and Hoffstot made two baskets, and after Ijams had scored again for Yale, time was called with the score 11 to 6 in favor of the Harvard team. The Freshmen started the second half with a rush, Sheehan scoring twice and Hoffstot once in the first few minutes of play. Yale at this point spurted and it looked for a time as if they might tie the score; but the Freshmen had too large a lead for them to overcome. The summary: HARVARD 1910.  YALE 1910. Wallace, r.f.  l.g., Eames Sheehan, l.f.  r.g., Philbin, Thompson Broun, c.  c., Scudder, Philbin White, r.g.  l.f., Schwarz, Gregory Hoffstot, l.g.  r.f., Ijams

Score--Harvard 1910, 23; Yale 1910, 17. Goals from floor--Ijams 5, Sheehan 3, White 3, Hoffstot 3, Philbin, Gregory, Thompson. Goals from fouls--Wallace 5, Philbin. Fouls called--on Harvard 1910, 8; on Yale 1910, 7. Referee--J. D. Clark '07. Timekeepers--H. R. Large Sp. and Thompson, Yale.