SUMMER COURSES FOR 1907

Counting for Degree of A.B. or S.B.--Extend from July 2 to August 9.

The following is a list of the summer courses offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences for 1907, which may be counted for the degree of A.B. or S.B., according to the conditions in the Summer School pamphlet. No student may count a summer course towards his degree, if he counts and equivalent course taken during term-time. All these courses, with the exception of the Geology S3 course in field work, will count as half courses. The Summer School, will open July 2 and close August 9.

Anatomy S1.--Introductory course: lectures and laboratory. Dr. E. A. Darling.

Anthropology S1.--General course. Dr. A. M. Tozzer.

Architecture S1a.--History of European Architecture to about the year 1000 A.D. Professor H. L. Warren. This course cannot be counted towards the degree of S.B. in the Lawrence Scientific School.

Architecture S1b.--History of European Architecture from 1000 A.D. to the close of the Renaissance. Professor H. L. Warren. This course cannot be counted towards the degree of S.B. in the Lawrence Scientific School.

Astronomy S1.--Descriptive Astronomy, with laboratory work and observations. Professor Willson and Mr. Brenke.

Botany S1.--Introductory course: the Structure, Physiology, and Oecology of Flowering Plants. Laboratory work and lectures. Dr. R. G. Leavitt.

Botany S2.--Advanced course: Morphology and Oecology of Flowering Plants. Dr. M. A. Chrysler.

Chemistry S4.--Quantitative Analysis. Assistant Professor G. P. Baxter.

Chemistry S2.--Organic Chemistry. Assistant Professor H. A. Torrey.

Chemistry S20.--Course in Research laboratory work. Assistant Professors Baxter and Torrey.

Education S2.--General principles of Education. Professor H. H. Horne, of Dartmouth College.

Education S3.--Organization and Administration of Schools and School Systems. Superintendent Stratton D. Brooks, Boston.

Education S5.--Educational Psychology. Professor H. H. Horne, of Dartmouth College.

English S3a.--Anglo-Saxon. Dr. H. deW. Fuller.

Fine Arts S1.--Elements of Drawing and Painting. Mr. Martin Mower.

Fine Arts S3.--History and Development of Ancient Art. Assistant Professor G. H. Chase.

Fine Arts S4.--History and Principles of the Fine Arts of the Middle Ages. Mr. F. G. Fitzpatrick.

French S1.--Intermediate Course. Mr. William B. Snow, of the Boston English High School.

German S1.--Composition and Conversation. Dr. A. W. Boesche.

Geography SA.--Physical Geography: lectures, laboratory, and field work. Assistant Professor D. W. Johnson.

Geology S1.--Elementary Geology; lectures, laboratory and field work. Mr. J. W. Eggleston. Course S1 is equivalent to Geology 4.

Geology S2.--Field course in Historical and Structural Geology. Dr. G. R. Mansfield and Professor Wolff.

Geology S3.--Advanced field work. Training in field work, and in the methods of professional geological field work, the results to be presented in a thesis. For advanced students. This will count as a full course if pursued for not less than 10 weeks; and as a half-course if pursued for less than 10 weeks, but for five of more. Professor Wolff and Assistant Professor Woodworth.

Government S1.--Civil Government, Assistant Professor W. B. Munro.

Government S17.--Municipal Government. Assistant Professor W. B. Munro.

History S1.--Mediaeval European History. Professor N. M. Trenholme, of the University of Missouri.

History S3.--Roman History. Professor W. S. Ferguson, of the University of California.

History S10.--American History. Professor Joans Viles, of the University of Missouri.

Latin SB.--The life and works of Virgil. Assistant Professor E. K. Rand.

Mathematics SD.--Advanced Algebra. Assistant Professor J. L. Love.

Mathematics SE.--Solid Geometry. Mr. H. D. Gaylord.

Mathematics SA.--Plane Trigonometry. Logarithms. Mr. W. C. Brenke.

Mathematics SB.--Plane Analytic Geometry. Assistant Professor J. K. Whitemore.

Music S1.--Harmony and Simple Counterpoint. Mr. W. C. Heilman.

Music S4.--Musical Analysis. Mr. D. G. Mason.

Philosophy S1.--Introduction to Philosophy. Professor Royce.

Philosophy S2.--Introduction to Ethics. Professor Royce.

Physics SC.--Advanced Experimental Physics; experiments in Mechanics, Sound, Heat, Light, Magnetism and Electricity, Laboratory work. Dr. H. W. Morse.

Psychology S1.--General Descriptive Psychology. Dr. Yerkes.

Psychology S2.--Applied Psychology. Professor Munsterberg and Dr. Yerkes.

Spanish S5.--Advanced Course. Mr. G. L. Lincoln.