CLASS DAY YARD TICKETS

The overcrowding of the Yard on every Class Day of the past few years has been the marring feature of otherwise perfect arrangements. Everyone should keep this in mind, doing his best to make this day a day for Seniors and their friends, and not a picnic day for the whole neighborhood.

Each class has its day in turn, and the graduating class has a right to expect Harvard me to help them in entertaining their friends in the best possible way. Undergraduates and graduates are given the privilege of obtaining tickets for their friends, and this privilege has been greatly abused in the past. Everyone buying tickets has signed that they are for the use of himself and his personal friends only. A strict interpretation of "personal friends" is necessary: one should be most careful to discriminate between his own personal friends and those people whom he would like to fee in some way. The gift of Class Day tickets as fees combines a minimum cost with a maximum appreciation, but this very fact, that they are gladly received, shows that others have not considered such people as personal friends.

The Senior Class is always the class to be supremely considered, and all should co-operate to make the day as pleasant for their invited guests as possible. Every ticket used by a person who has no real claim, makes the Yard so much more crowded and makes the invitation to real friends of so much less value.