Swimming Practice in Brookline

The first practice of the University swimming, diving, and water polo squad will be held in the Brookline Swimming Club tank this evening at 8 o'clock. Candidates for the Freshman squad will begin practice at the same place on Thursday. Regular practice for both squads will continue at Brookline on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 8 o'clock and in some tank in Cambridge on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 o'clock.

In a few days trials will be held for the class relay races which will probably be held before the mid-years. In addition to the four-man relay race, this meet will include a water polo game, a fancy diving contest, and a 50-yard race between the first substitutes of the four class teams. Immediately after the class meet a University squad will be selected and preparation for the intercollegiate series will begin.

The following men have signified their intention of trying for the University or Freshman squads: O. Andrews '11, R. E. Andrews '10, T. G. Aspinwall '10, C. L. Barnwell '11, P. Blair '11, W. M. Cooper '11, G. M. Glover '11, R. G. Haines '09, R. G. Henderson '10, C. P. Howard '11, F. King '11, J. W. B. Ladd '11, C. C. Little '10, A. E. Mannheimer '09, W. R. Morrison '10, J. B. Newton '10, C. W. Rice '10, C. Taylor '11, F. C. Whitmore '11, L. Withington '11.

On account of sickness Captain P. Withington '09 will not be able to join the squad until next Tuesday.