SUCCESSFUL POLL CONDUCTED

223 Republicans Registered.--Tickets for Torchlight Parade Go on Sale.

The second registration of the Republican Club, conducted yesterday in the CRIMSON office, was attended with almost as great a measure of success as the one held the week previous. Of the 223 men who signed their names as members of the Republican party 91 enrolled as members of the club by purchasing a shingle and signing the constitution. Of the 223 polled yesterday, 79 were voters. Eight of the total number of men who registered stated that they were willing to speak at rallies, 81 volunteered to work at the polls, and 27 declared their willingness to canvass votes. The total of both registrations, therefore, amounts to 553 men polled, 37 of whom have volunteered to speak at rallies, 127 to work at the polls, and 83 to canvass votes.

Tickets for the intercollegiate torchlight parade in Boston on the night of October 30 will be put on sale this morning at Leavitt & Peirce's, the Co-operative, Memorial Hall, the Union, Butler's, and the Republican headquarters, at 3 Boylston street. The price of tickets is $1 each and will entitle the holder to one crimson cap and gown and one torch. These tickets will be on sale until October 21 only, and men should purchase them at once, in order to aid the club in ordering the required number of caps, gowns and torches. No one will be allowed to march in the parade who does not wear the above mentioned regalia. Police permits have been obtained, and the route will be published in a few days. It is expected that Lieutenant-Governor Draper and several other prominent men will review the marchers from some position near the State House.

It is hoped that Congressman McCall and the Hon. George P. Lawrence will address the club in the Living Room of the Union in the near future. There will be a meeting of the executive committee of the club in the CRIMSON sanctum at 7.30 o'clock, at which a full attendance is imperative.