REPUBLICAN CLUB LAUNCHED

Officers Elected and Plans Made for Participation in Presidential Campaign.

At an enthusiastic meeting of about 400 Republican last evening in the Trophy Room of the Union, the Harvard Republican Club was reorganized, and the following officers were elected: president, W. G. Roelker '09; vice-president, F. M. Blagden '09; secretary, J. A. Locke '09; treasurer, H. Gray '09.

It was voted to have a constitution drawn up by the officers of the club together with an executive committee appointed by the president as follows: from the Senior class, K. S. Cate and W. M. Rand; from the Junior class, H. Fish, Jr., and C. L. Lanigan; from the Sophomore class, G. R. Harding and P. D. Smith; from the Freshman class, R. Douglas and R. Porter; from the graduate schools, D. Brannan 2L., and J. Richardson 1L. There will be an important meeting of this committee in the CRIMSON sanctum today at 1.30 o'clock, which it is necessary for every member of the committee to attend. In order to facilitate the speedy organization of the club, the constitution will be submitted to a vote as soon as possible.

The club intends to take an active part in the coming presidential campaign, in company with the Republican clubs of other leading colleges. Application has already been made for membership in the National Republican College League. On October 30, a parade will be held in Boston, in which delegations from Yale and other New England colleges will participate.

All men in the University may join the club by purchasing shingles at Leavitt & Peirce's or at Holworthy 10 at 25 cents each. They will be on sale beginning this morning.