CARLISLE TEAM UNIQUE

We have come to expect almost anything in the line of ingenious football from the Carlisle team. The memorable day of a few years back when one of the braves tucked the ball under the back of his sweater and ran the length of the field for a touchdown on the kick-off to the utter stupefaction of the University team, showed of what they are capable. In the game last year, there was a bewildering array of forward passes, fake kicks and onside kicks in their offence and they raced from one part of the field to the other as no other team seems quite able to when they have their opponents on the run. Twenty-three points were scored to Harvard's fifteen, but it was a case of being spared an over-whelming defeat by the agility of one or two men.

The record of the Carlisle team during the past few years has been interesting. Their schedule is invariably the longest of any of the big teams and a journey to the Middle West to close their season has no terrors for them. This season they plan to go as far west as Colorado, playing several times on the way out. At the end of last season they were ranked high and but for a defeat by Princeton they would have been very close to the top. This year, they have not been beaten and have made the unusual record of scoring ten field goals. Last Saturday, they defeated Annapolis sixteen to six but this affords little basis for comparison as all their points were made by field goals. However, these same goals score points and when a team becomes as remarkably proficient in this respect as Carlisle, with two brilliant kickers in the line-up, the only safe way to preserve a clean slate is to keep them on their own side of the field and this has proved a stiff proposition in their games thus far. It should be one of the most spectacular games of the year.