Baseball Game Won by Team A

The practice baseball game between the two teams of the University squad yesterday afternoon resulted in a victory for Team A by the score of 3 to 0. For the first real game the fielding was remarkably good, although the batting was rather deficient. With the exception of a misplay by Pond and Kemble in the seventh inning, which looked much like an error, both teams played errorless ball. Only nine hits were secured by both teams, but four of these were good for extra bases. Hartford and Brennan started the game as the opposing pitchers, but were soon replaced by second string men. They were both erratic and did not attempt to use speed. The pitchers did not partike in the batting.

McCall played second base for Team B and accepted ten chances without an error. Leonard made seven good assists. Of the new men Lanigan made a good catch in the outfield of Haydock's long fly, and Haydock at third base for Team B made a very clever stop and throw of Leonard's swift grounder. Of the catchers Jordan made two excellent throws to second base.

Only one man reached third base until the seventh inning when all three runs were scored. Harvey led off with a base on balls and stole second. Dana was out, Paine to Hall, and Harvey reached third. Kelly struck out, but Leonard hit to left for two bases, scoring Harvey. Keefe hit to right centre. Both Kemble and Pond made vain attempts to get the ball, but only succeeded in sending it farther into the outfield. In the meantime Leonard and Keefe came home.