LACROSSE SOUTHERN TRIP

One Game won Out of Five.--Team Scored 16 Points to Opponents' 21.

Although only one game out of five was won on the lacrosse southern trip, the University team made a better showing than it has for several years. It defeated Annapolis, and lost to Johns Hopkins, Mt. Washington Club, Lehigh and Stevens Institute by very close score. The team scored a total number of 16 points to its opponents' 21, which compares very favorably with last year's total of 17 to 42.

The first game of the trip was lost to Johnson Hopkins University, at Baltimore, on Saturday, April 18 by the score of 6 to 3; the second to the Mt. Washington Club at the Mt. Washington Club, Baltimore, last Tuesday, by the score of 5 to 2; and the third to Lehigh at South Bethlehem, Pa., on the next day, by the score of 3 to 2. The team played its first game with Annapolis, at Annapolis, on Thursday, and won by the decisive score of 7 to 1. The players were entertained over night by the members of the Annapolis team and left Friday morning for New York where they lost the final game of the trip on Saturday to Stevens Institute by the score of 6 to 2.

On Tuesday afternoon, April 21, the Harvard team played the best game of the trip with the Mt. Washington Club. For the first time in years the Mt. Washington team had to exert its utmost strength to defeat the University. Mt. Washington scored first in the middle of the first half, but Cobb tied the score a few moments later. The opponents scored two more points towards the end of the half, which ended with the score of 3 to 1 in Mt. Washington's favor. In the second half, Harvard succeeded in keeping the ball in its opponents' territory the greater part of the time, but the splendid, close defence of the Mt. Washington Club team allowed the Harvard attack only one goal. This second goal was shot by Sheip in the last few minutes of play. Mt. Washington scored twice in this half and the game ended, 5 to 2, in their favor. The summary: HARVARD  MT. WASHINGTON CLUB. Goepper, g.  g., Briscoe Crandall, Cox., p.  l.h., Raleigh Thompson, c.p.  o.h., Baker Cochrane, 1d.  1a., Nudgins Wentworth, 2d.  2a., Matthews Downer, 3d.  3a., McCrowe Alexander, c.  c., Lamb Smith, 3a.  3d., Blanck Sheip, 2a.  2d., Sayler Vance, 1a.  1d., Pearre Cobb, o.h.  c.p., Stonecipher Furber, i.h.  p., Schmeisser

Score--Mt. Washington Club, 5; Harvard, 2. Goals--Cobb, Sheip, Baker 3, Pearre, Raleigh. Referee--F. Patterson.