MR. HAPGOOD ON JOURNALISM.

To the many men who share in the general dislike for the insincere tone of the average modern journal, Mr. Hapgood's address should be a revelation. As editor of the now will-known and influential Collier's Weekly, Mr. Hapgood stands among those few journalists who have attained a reputation for fair-mindedness, sincerity and strength. He represents the type of man who can do and is doing the nation a real service, by appealing to the people for fair play, unselfishly and without prejudice for class or clan. Modern journalism needs the help of such men, who, as many believe, are not lowering themselves to the journalistic standard, but are raising that standard to the plane it deserves.

Harvard is already strong on many of the leading New York and Boston papers. Seventeen men elected newspaper work as a career last year, a larger number than ever before. As Harvard men are active in every other walk of life, they are now giving their best efforts to journalism. Mr.Hapgood will describe the opportunities.