OPENING BASEBALL GAME

With Wesleyan at 4.--On Regular Diamond.--Changes in Outfield.

The University baseball team will meet Wesleyan this afternoon at 4 o'clock on the regular diamond in the first scheduled game of the season. H. A. A. tickets admit, and season tickets at $3 admitting to all the home games except that with Yale are on sale at Amee's, the Co-operative, Leavitt & Peirce's, Brine's and Wright & Ditson's Cambridge and Boston stores. Single admission tickets at 50 cents each may be obtained at the entrance.

Last year the Wesleyan game was cancelled because of bad weather. The Wesleyan nine this year appears to be strong, although no basis of comparison is offered between the two teams. Wesleyan has played but one game this year, defeating Springfield Manual Training School last Saturday by the score of 9 to 1.

The University team this afternoon will present an entirely new outfield, and there will be one change in the infield. Lanigan and Aronson were both members of last year's Freshman team, the former pitching and playing in the outfield, and the latter occupying short stop. Waters played on the second team two years ago and last year was on the University squad. Keefe, who replaces McCall at second base, is a fast fielder and good batter, and was third base on last year's second team. The infield is at present playing in good form, but the outfielders fail to get under the ball.

Slater will start the game this afternoon, and will probably be replaced by Hicks. Both of these pitchers are in better shape than any of the others on the squad. Slater is using an underhand delivery which he has well under control and which is also speedy. Hicks pitches overhand; his curves break sharply and his straight balls have considerable jump.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  WESLEYAN. Leonard, 3d.  2b., Van Tassell Keefe, 2b.  3b., Beaton Briggs, 1b.  s.s., Wright Simons, s.s.  1b., Smith Lanigan, l.f.  r.f., Baker Aronson, c.f.  c.f. or p., Marrinan Waters, r.f.  c., Day Currier, c.  l.f., Dresser Slater, Hicks, p.  p. or c.f., Connelly