FAST TIME TRIAL FOR CREW

Over 4-Mile Course Saturday Afternoon.--Time, 20m., 45s.

Harvard Crew Quarters, Red Top, Conn., June 14, 1908.--On Saturday Coach Wray gave the University eight their second time trial over the course within three days. The crew covered four miles up stream under very favorable conditions in 20 minutes, 45 seconds. The start was easy and the stroke was kept about 30 till the last half-mile was passed, then it was gradually raised until 39 was reached in the last hundred yards. As a whole the crews rowed only fairly well. The time was fast, but strong favoring tide and wind discounted this to a certain extent. The first two miles were covered in 10 minutes, and the last two in 10 minutes, 25 seconds.

The Freshman eight had fairly light work both morning and afternoon. In the afternoon they went about two miles after the University crew had finished their time row. In the morning they went down stream almost as far as the Navy Yard, with Coach Wray and the University eight. On the return the University eight returned to the boat house.

The University four-oar rowed two hard miles in the morning and three more in the afternoon. The Freshman four had light work in the morning and in the afternoon had a row for a short distance. O. R. Richardson '11, stroke, has been elected captain of the 1911 four.

F. A. Reece '09, who stroked his Freshman crew, and for the past two years has rowed on the University squad, has been telegraphed to join the University squad. He will probably be tried out in the four-oar.