TWO TIME ROWS.

The week at New London has been a profitable one and the University crew's prowess over a four-mile course has been fairly well tested. In both of the time rows held last week, the time was fair, considering conditions, and from all accounts the crew could have rowed several seconds faster had there been occasion. Equally encouraging reports have been coming from the Yale quarters at Gales Ferry, and the Yale crew appears to be fully as fast as last year's eight with the added advantage of a little more weight. Like all of Kennedy's crews, their blade work is extremely smooth and clean and they seem to have good speed. Both eights are stroked by men who have never rowed in a University shell before, but they both have the advantage of veteran oarsmen just behind them at number seven. There are more men of experience in the University boat than in Yale's, but the advantage is extremely small, as Yale's new men have had considerable experience with the Kennedy stroke.

Just what the make-up of the four-oar will be is still uncertain. All sorts of combinations have been tried without obtaining the proper results and now a new man has been sent for to be tried out during the week. Yale, as usual has a good four-oar and the chances are in their favor. The Freshman race looks favorable to Harvard at present, but sickness had caused a change in the Yale crew until very recently, and the regular eight may prove considerably faster.

Another week of hard rowing remains and then only a few days rest before the race. From all appearances it will be a race of an extremely lively and fast Harvard crew against the best Yale crew of recent years, with very little claim of superiority for either boat until they have actually measured their speed over the course.