LONG PRACTICE SCRIMMAGE

University Team Scored Five Touchdowns in Secret Practice.

There was a long scrimmage in the secret practice held yesterday afternoon in the Stadium. The first team played for about twenty minutes against the second team, scoring five touchdowns; then two substitute teams played another half of the same length. The work of the University team was very good on the defence though they were a little slow on the offence. O'Flaherty was back at quarterback and played brilliantly, making a long run in the open field, drop-kicking three out of four goals from the 30 or 35-yard line, and showing a very considerable improvement in his punting.

The first team scored three of its five touchdowns on long runs, the other two Minot made by hard line plunging. The only ground gained by the second team against the first was one run of fifteen yards, which Page made on a fake play. Clifford did well at end on the second team, making a number of pretty tackles. McKay was the only regular not on the field, but he will be in the game in a day or so. Dunlap played in the scrimmage, his first in nearly a month, and showed up strongly.

R. P. Kernan '03 joined the coaching staff and will assist Coaches Daly and Kennard in drilling the backs and kickers.

In the scrimmage between the substitute teams, the first team substitutes scored twice, Morrison and Pierce making the touchdowns.

H. K. Bush '11 has been taken on the University training table.

R. Clifford '12 has been taken on to the second football training table.

The teams lined up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Houston, l.e.  r.e., Clifford Hooper, l.t.  r.t., Goddard L. Withington, Dunlap, l.g.  r.g., O'Hare P. Withington, c.  c., Barker Fisher, r.g.  l.g., Knapp, Blake Fish, r.t.  l.t., Brock, Knapp L. D. Smith, r.e.  l.e., C. N. Browne O'Flaherty, q.b.  q.b., Johnson Frothingham, l.h.b.  r.h.b., R. M. Page P. D. Smith, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Tryon Minot, f.b.  f.b., E. S. Blodgett