LECTURE BY C. J. BONAPARTE

Eminent Lawyer Speaks in Union Tonight at 8 on His Profession.

Hon. Charles J. Bonaparte '71, former Attorney-General of the United States, will deliver a lecture in the Living Room of the union this evening at 8 o'clock on "the Law as a Career in America." The lecture will be open to members of the Union only.

After being graduated from College Mr. Bonaparte entered the Law School, and received the degree of LL.B. in 1874. He was admitted to the bar, and practiced for several years in Baltimore. He entered politics early in his career, and became prominent in many reform movements. He was made chairman of the council of the national Civil Service Reform League, president of the National Civic Federation. In 1905 he was appointed Secretary of the Navy by President Roosevelt, a position which he held for a year and a half, when he was made Attorney-General. He remained in this position until the present administration. In 1904 he was Republican presidential elector from Maryland.

Mr. Bonaparte has done much for the welfare of Harvard. He was a member of the Board of Overseers from 1891 to 1903.