THE DRAMATIC CLUB PLAYS.

The first Cambridge performance of the Dramatic Club's second production will be given in Brattle Hall this evening, and from all accounts the success of last fall seems sure to be duplicated. There was considerable doubt expressed at the time of the club's formation as to whether there was room in the University for another dramatic organization, considering the number of plays annually presented by Harvard men. But apparently there was no reason for such doubt. The Dramatic club, as the sole organization aiming to produce serious dramatic works by graduates and undergraduates of the University and to arouse interest in acting these plays, has been so far remarkably successful. As everyone knows, "The Promised Land" was considered much more highly than most college productions, not only in the technique of the play itself but in the strength of its interpretation by the actors.

This spring the club is branching out in a new direction, with four one-act plays, all of which have been written by men who have never had plays produced on the professional stage. The casts are not limited to those who took part in last fall's production, but show that the interest in the undertaking is spreading throughout the University. We wish the Dramatic Club all the success it deserves, and trust that next year it will continue as fortunately as it has begun.