GAME WITH HOLY CROSS

University Baseball Team Plays at Worcester Today.--Hicks to Pitch.

The University baseball team will play Holy Cross this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock on Fitton Field, Worcester. The return game will be played at Cambridge on June 10. The game with Holy Cross in recent years have almost invariably been close and exciting. Last year the University team lost the game at Worcester, 2 to 3, but won in Cambridge, 4 to 3. Two years ago Harvard won both games. The first was a spectacular 10-inning game, with the score 1 to 0; the score of the second game was 2 to 1. Neither Briggs nor Harvey will be in the game today. The former has a slight attack of tonsillitis, and the latter has not entirely recovered from a strain in the leg, received early in the week. Brown will go to first base, and Crocker will play in centre field. Captain Currier received an injury to his finger in the Andover game, but will probably be able to play. Hicks will pitch.

Holy Cross has a good scoring team, although it has lost a number of important games, including Virginia, Fordham, Vermont, and Dartmouth, and two to Georgetown. It has won from Pennsylvania, Brown, and Wesleyan.

The batting orders: HARVARD  HOLY CROSS. Lanigan, 3b.  c.f., Whalen MacLaughlin, 2b.  s.s., Craig Currier, c.  1b., Carney Aronson, r.f.  2b., Fryer Dana, l.f.  3b., D. Mahony Brown, 1b.  c., Larkin Simons, s.s.  p., Dowd Crocker, c.f.  r.f., Jones Hicks, p.  l.f., S. Mahony