J. F. FITZGERALD ELECTED

J. J. Storrow '85 Defeated by Plurality of 1326 In Municipal Election.

As a result of the Boston municipal election held yesterday John F. Fitzgerald was elected mayor by a plurality of 1326 over James J. Storrow '85.

The election was one of the most closely contested mayorality elections in the history of Boston. In all, 95,204 votes were cast, or over nine-tenths of the total registered. Such figures show the extreme interest in the campaign by the entire city. The camps of Storrow and Fitzgerald were so evenly divided that there is still a possibility that the former won. Mr. Storrow has already filed a petition for the recounting of all the votes.

The complete returns for the four candidates are as follows: John F. Fitzgerald,  47,061 James J. Storrow '85,  45,735 George A. Hibbard,  1,783 Nathaniel H. Taylor,  625

About 60 Harvard men volunteered to work for Mr. Storrow. Some of these were sent to call for voters and bring them to the polls and others were stationed to watch the balloting and the counting.

At the time of the CRIMSON'S going to press, official returns had not been made upon the elections to the City Council.