Light Football Work Yesterday

The secret practice for the University football squad yesterday afternoon was very light, and there was no scrimmage. The line men held a long drill, in breaking through under the direction of Coach Blagden while the three sets of backs ran through signals. The second team's backs were called into the Stadium and directed plays against the University team's ends, giving them practice in breaking up interference and picking out the man with the ball. After this preliminary work, Team A and Team B lined up for dummy practice, but no tackling or hard running was allowed.

Corbett, who is in bad condition on account of boils, was not on the field, and H. Leslie and T. Frothingham followed the practice in street clothes as both of them have lame knees. Bush and Long did not work but ran around the track. Long's knee is fast rounding into shape and he will be ready for hard work very soon. Coach Haughton, who has recovered from his illness, directed the practice. In addition to Coaches Leary, Blagden, Cutting, and Fish, C. J. Nourse '09, centre on the 1908 team, in his football clothes, coached the centres.

The teams lined up for the dummy practice as follows: TEAM A.  TEAM B Felton, l.e.  r.e., O'Flaherty McKay, l.t.  r.t., Parmenter Minot, l.g.  r.g., Keays Perkins, c.  c., p. Smith Fisher, r.g.  l.g., F. Leslie Withington, r.t.  l.t., Hann L. Smith, r.e.  l.e., Lewis Wigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., Potter Campbell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Wendell T. H. Frothingham, r.h.b.,  l.h.b., Graustein Morrison, f.b.  f.b., Tryon