CRIMSON COMMUNICATIONS.

Almost continually throughout the College year, the undergraduate is asked by the various College papers to submit for publication his opinions concerning University activities. There is not the least doubt that this is an excellent desire on the part of the papers. In the first place, such communications bring to light many points which, without this publicity, would never receive a much needed general discussion. Secondly, in many cases it is only by this means that a satisfactory solution for a problem of universal interest can be discovered. And finally discussion in itself is an excellent thing in a college community.

The great value of this outlet of public opinion has always been recognized by the CRIMSON. It considers the publication of personal views on subjects of wide interest an important part of its policy and very often such expressions are well worth editorial comment. Our only stipulation, however, as regards communications is that they must be signed with the name of the writer, although this will not be published if the author so desires. This is merely to establish an authority and insure truthfulness.

Several excellent communications have already been submitted this year which could not be considered owing to the absence of the authors' signatures.