YALE WON SWIMMING MEET

University Team Badly Defeated at New Haven by Score of 44 to 9.

In the dual swimming meet with Yale held in New Haven last evening, Harvard was defeated by the score of 44 to 9. The Yale swimmers were victorious in every event and besides won both relay races and the water-polo game.

In the plunge for distance, a new intercollegiate record of 72 feet, 9 inches, was established by Loree of Yale. The 220-yard swim was a very close race, which was finally won by Stoddard of Yale.

The final event of the evening was the water-polo game in which the University swimmers were outclassed, losing by the score of 35 to 5. J. S. Reed scored the only goal for Harvard. The Freshman relay race was also won by Yale.

The summary:

Relay race--Won by Yale: Winslow, Richards, Stoddard, Howe; second, Harvard: Aspinwall, R. W. Cutler, Hoyt, D. Cutler. Time, 2m., 5 3-5s.

Diving--Won by Stoddard (Y.); secand, Hughes (Y.); third, Lynes (H.).

50-yard dash--Won by Howe (Y.); second, Cutler (H.); third, Richards (Y.). Time, 26 2-5s.

220-yard swim--Won by Stoddard (Y.); second, Cutler (H.); third, Palmer (Y.). Time, 2m., 41 1-5s.

Plunge for distance--Won by Loree (Y.); second, Reid (Y.); third, Reed (H.). Distance, 72 ft., 9 in.

100-yard swim--Won by Stoddard (Y.); second, Howe (Y.); third, Aspinwall (H.). Time, 1m., 3s.