FRESHMEN LOST TO ST. MARK'S

By Score of 3 to 1 in Hockey Game Played at Southboro Yesterday.

The Freshman hockey team lost the second game of its schedule to St. Mark's School at Southboro yesterday by the score of 3 to 1. This is the second defeat the Freshmen have received, the first being in the game with Rindge Manual Training School by the score of 3 to 1.

In the game yesterday a slight improvement was noticeable in the work of the Freshmen. More fight and snap than heretofore was shown by the players individually, though little team-work was apparent. The burden of the defence fell on Gardner, for the point and coverpoint were unable to check the opposing forwards effectually. The shooting of the Freshmen forwards was weak.

St. Mark's scored twice in the first half on shots by Bundy, an old college player and the mainstay of the team. Early in the second half Pratt's shot scored for the Freshmen. Bundy's third goal ended the scoring.

The teams lined up as follows: ST. MARK'S.  FRESHMEN. Cunningham, l.e.  r.e., Tomes, Paine, Locke Bundy, l.c.  r.c., Rushmore Morgan, r.c.  l.c., Palmer, Pratt, Copeland Belmont, r.e.  l.e., Francis Bettle, c.p.  c. p., Booth Iselin, p.  p., Graustein Swift, g.  g., Gardner

Score--St. Mark's, 3; Freshmen, 1. Goals--Bundy 3, Pratt 1. Time--15 and 20--minute halves.