PRACTICE GAME AT BRAE BURN

University Hockey Team Played Strongly, Winning Fast Game, 9 to 1.

The University hockey team played a practice game with Brae Burn last evening at the Brae Burn Country Club, West Newton. Although Bray, the Brae Burn goal, played well, the University forwards succeeded in scoring nine goals to their opponents one.

From the very start of the game the University forwards played together and the team-work was excellent. Hicks was easily the start of the game, scoring four of the nine goals for Harvard. As the too was in excellent condition, the play on both sides was swift and clean, especially in the first half when no substitutes were used on either side. Black-all, who took Huntington's place at point on account of the latter's illness, played a hard defensive game and succeeded in doing some very effective body-checking. Smart at goal had few stops, as the University forwards followed back well and prevented many shots by the Brae Burn forwards. Altogether the playing was most encouraging after the warm weather and consequent lack of practice of the past two weeks.

In the latter half the second team forwards were used and Chadwick replaced Smart at goal. Six minutes after the half began Brae Burn scored their only goal from a scrimmage in front of the net. Following this, the University team braced and scored three times in rapid succession.

The Summary follows: HARVARD  BRAE BURN. Gardner, Leslie, l.e.  r.e., Paine Hicks, Kirkland, l.c.  r.c., Knowles Morgan, Duncan, r.c.  l.c., Foote, Fels Hornblower, Wigglesworth, r.e.  l.e., Mackay Foster, c.p.  c.p., Wittemore Blackall, p.  p., Mason Smart, Chadwick, g.  g. Bray

Score--Harvard, 9; Brae, Burn, 1. Goals--Hicks 4, Kirkland 3, Gardner 1, Hornblower 1, Paine 1. Referee--Mr. Brett, Brae Burn. Timekeeper--H. Mac-Nider '11. Time--20-minutes halves.