Novice Track Carnival March 14

A novice scratch track carnival will be held on Monday, March 14. The track events will be held in the afternoon on the board track, and the field events, in the Hemenway Gymnasium, in the evening.

This meet is only open to men who have never won a prize in any meet since they have been in College. No handicaps will be given and it is expected that all inexperienced men will enter, so that the coaches will become acquainted with the promising material.

Besides the usual interdormitory races, there will be the following events: 40-yard dash, 45-yard low hurdles, 390-yard run, 780-yard run, one-mile run, high jump, and 12-pound shot-put.

Dormitory relay races will be arranged between all the dormitories who enter men, and the captains will be appointed later. It is hoped that at least one relay team will enter from each of the following: Beck, Brentford, Claverly, College House, Conant, Craigie, Dana, Dunster, Drayton, Fairfax, Foxcroft, Grays, Hampden, Hollis, Holworthy, Holyoke street, Little's, Matthews, Mt. Auburn street, Perkins, Randolph, Ridgely, Russell, Stoughton, Thayer, Trinity, Wadsworth, Walter Hastings, Ware, Weld, and Westmorly.

Entry books will be placed in Leavitt & Peirce's and in the Locker Building next Monday, and the entries will close on Friday, March 11, at 6 o'clock.