Cast and Summary of H. P. C. Play

The provisional cast of "Diana's Debut," which the Hasty Pudding Club will present this year is as follows: Sultan of Turkey,  R. M. Middlemass '09 Sultana,  R. MacVeagh '10 Conspirators: Abdalla,  L. Hill '10 Abdulla,  W. K. Earle '10 Diana, debutante daughter of Sultan,  R. H. Hutchinson '10 Alexander, Crown Prince of Turkey,  R. C. Foster '10 Grand Vizier,  G. K. Munroe '10 Imperial Messengers: Longboat,  H. M. Platt '10 Shrubb,  B. Tuckerman '11 Durando,  F. H. Burrage '10 Hayes,  G. C. Prince '10 Mutt,  G. P. Gardner, Jr., '10 Little Jeff,  J. R. Mayer '10 Ushers: 1.  H. Jaques '11 2.  S. W. Marvin '10 3.  R. Whitney '11 4.  J. G. Blaine '11 Lydia, Maid-in-waiting to Diana,  McG. A. King '10

A brief synopsis of the action of the play is as follows: The Young Turk party in Constantinople, infuriated by the exorbitant tariff on champagne, resolves to pursuade the Sultan to give a coming out ball for his daughter, the Princess Diana. When all the nobility of Turkey is gathered together in the ballroom, they plan to below up the imperial palace, end tyranny, and establish free trade.

To the despair of the Grand Vizier, the Sultan assents to their suggestion for a splendid ball. The Sultan's difficulty in preparing the entertainment is only exceeded by the trials of Diana, the modern hostess. Owing to the premature publication of the morning paper, the Sultan, reading an account of his own destruction, foils the plotters and brings them to justice.