"MINISTRY AS A CAREER"

Lecture by Rev. Endicott Peabody h.'04, of Groton in Union at 8 o'clock.

The fifth in the series of six Union lectures on professions will be given this evening at 8 o'clock in the Assembly Room of the Union by Rev. Endicott Peabody, LL.M., D.D. '04, headmaster of Groton School. Dr. Peabody will speak on "The Ministry and Choice of a Career" and the lecture will be open to all members of the University. The final lecture in this series, scheduled to be given by Hon. George W. Wickersham, Attorney General of the United States, has been cancelled. This leaves only one more lecture, that by Mr. W. B. Parsons of the Isthmian Canal Commission on "Civil Engineering as a Career" on next Thursday.

Dr. Peabody, who will speak this evening, was born in Salem in 1857 but received most of his education in England, graduating from Cheltenham College and from Trinity College, Cambridge. He received the degree of Bachelor of Laws from Cambridge in 1880 and in 1883 that of Master of Laws. Since that time he has been honored by Harvard with the degree of Doctor of Divinity and by Yale with the degree of Master of Arts. In 1888 Dr. Peabody founded the Groton School of which he has since been the headmaster.