LACROSSE TEAM GOES SOUTH

Squad of 16 Men Leaves Today.-Four Games to be Played on Trip.

The University lacrosse team will leave Cambridge on its southern trip tonight at 6.45 o'clock. The team will go by the Federal Express to Baltimore, where the first game will be played with Johns Hopkins University tomorrow afternoon.

On Tuesday the team will play the Mt. Washington Club at Baltimore and on Wednesday it will play Swarthmore at Swarthmore. On Thursday the team will arrive in South Bethlehem, Pa., and will play Lehigh. Stevens will be played in Hoboken on Friday, and the trip will be concluded by a game with the Crescent Athletic Club in Brooklyn on Saturday.

The team has been hampered by weather conditions this spring so that most of the practice has been confined to stick work and goal shooting. Yesterday, however, a long scrimmage was held in which the work was very encouraging. The attack works together very well, and the defense, although still crude, displays a good deal of latent power. D. P. Penhallow '03 has been in charge of the attack and A. W. Rice 2L. has been coaching the defense.

The Southern teams, which will be met, have all been practicing for some time and are considered strong.

The following 15 men will be taken: Captain E. J. Wendell '07, A. F. Arnold '08, E. S. Barber '08, D. L. Cobb '09, A. H. Cochrane '09, A. C. Comey '07, E. S. Currie '09, P. B. Francis '08, C. E. Marsters '07, H. E. Porter '09, S. S. Sheip '09, W. G. Thomas '07, B. M. Vance '08, Manager A. H. Elder '07, Assistant Manager A. Shaw '09.