GAME WITH AMHEREST AT 4

Hicks and Ernst to Pitch for University Team.--Potter Back at Second Base.

The University baseball team will play Amherst on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. McClure will pitch for Amherst; and both Hicks and Ernst are expected to be in the box for Harvard, Hicks starting the game. Potter will be back at second base after an absence of over a week.

Amherst started the season with a long series of games in the South, but has played only a few of Harvard's opponents. Virginia was twice defeated, 10 to 0 and 16 to 3. Holy Cross has been defeated 9 to 1, Tufts 8 to 0, and Cornell 4 to 0; but Brown won an 11 to 0 game from Amherst and Trinity won 1 to 0. Amherst has a very good pitcher in McClure, and all of the players except Partenheimer and Bryan are veterans of last season. Last year Harvard won from Amherst, 3 to 1, but was shut out, 3 to 0, in 1908.

The batting order of the University team has again been changed with a view to greater effectiveness, Lanigan resuming his place at the top of the list and Babson coming into third place. HARVARD.  AMHERST. Lanigan, 3b.  p., McClure McLaughlin, 1b.  c.f., Jube Babson, r.f.  s.s., Pennock Potter, 2b.  c., Kane, Henry Aronson, c.f.  2b., Kane Kelly, l.f.  1b., Burt Young, c.  r.f., Vernon Hicks, Ernst, p.  3b., Partenheimer Carr, s.s.  l.f., Bryan