THE FEDERATED CLUBS.

Among the numerous non-social clubs in Cambridge, there has been in the past a decided need for some organization which can bring co-ordination into their various activities, and prevent the misunderstandings which are sure to arise between societies of similar interests. To accomplish this the Council of Federated Clubs has been established, and with foresighted and impartial administration it can be effective and useful in undergraduate affairs.

In its four main objects, set forth in another column of this morning's CRIMSON, the Council of Federated Clubs adopts a business-like policy for attaining its ends. In preventing conflicts in dates and in the clubs mutually in touch with each other, unanimity of feeling and action can be brought about, which will enable the council's third object, the general discussion of matters of wide interest and significance, to become of importance.

In connection with the fourth function which the council hopes to assume, lies the chief danger of such an organization. To decide justly disputes between clubs will require the most careful investigation and impartial analysis. Even between clubs which are members of the council this will be hard enough, and should differences arise between societies allied with the federated clubs and other institutions, an unprejudiced decision will be most difficult to reach. The officers of the Council of Federated Clubs must, if they hope to attain their ends, treat all organizations with strict impartiality, and appreciate the fact that priority in allying itself with the Council of Federated Clubs does not give an organization right to special consideration or superiority to other institutions of like nature in usefulness or ability to fulfill its object.