1912 APPLICATIONS EXTENDED

Until Next Monday, Because of Unusually Small Number of Applicants.

The time for handing in Senior dormitory applications for next year has been extended until Monday, January 30. They will be received by the Senior Dormitory Committee in Brooks House until 6 P. M. on that day. The number of applications that have been received thus far is discouragingly small. In order to make the occupancy of the Yard dormitories a success next year, the number of applications must be considerably increased. It is evident that many men in the class have neglected to apply. There are also several groups that were started late and are now in the process of formation. Those in charge of these groups should hasten their completion, for it will be impossible to extend the time beyond Monday.

There seems to have been some misunderstanding in regard to the form in which the applications should be submitted. It is absolutely essential that on the outside of every application a preference be expressed, in order, for every entry in the four buildings. In each case, also, the number of rooms desired must be indicated. Men may apply singly, or in groups of from two to twelve. In addition to one large group, each entry will accommodate one or more of the small groups. The assignment will be made by lot, preference being given to groups according to their size, as previously announced.

The rooms available next year are as follows: Holworthy, west entry, eight rooms; middle entry, seven rooms; east entry, seven rooms; Hollis, south entry, 15 rooms; north entry, 16 rooms; Stoughton, south entry, 14 rooms; north entry, 15 rooms; Thayer, north entry, 23 rooms; middle entry, 18 rooms; south entry, 20 rooms.

All applications should be sent to the committee with the signatures of the members in sealed envelopes, on the outside of which some fictitious name should be written for identification, as well as the number of signatures that the envelope contains; the order of preference, not of rooms, but of entries, and the number of rooms desired. Preference will be given in the assignment in Hollis and Stoughton to applications calling for three men in two rooms, over two men in two rooms, such combinations not being possible in Holworthy and Thayer. In stating a preference on the envelope each group should name every entry, in order of choice, so that if the first choice cannot be filled, others may be considered in order. It is understood that by making an application a man pledges himself to abide by the allotment of the committee.

The office hours of the dormitory committee have been changed from the morning to the afternoon between 5 and 6 o'clock, and at this hour until next Monday a member of the committee will be in Brooks House to attend to all matters pertaining to Senior dormitories.