WHERE ARE THE CLASS FOOTBALL TEAMS?

Two years ago the class football teams began to play on October 26 and last year as late as November 8. This year even that date has passed and no announcement of the class series has yet been forthcoming. Should the games not start pretty soon, the hockey season will be here before they can be finished. A football season, even though it is a very short one, can hardly be expected to attract much interest or enthusiasm if it does not start until the middle of November.

The class series is certainly worth continuing. By playing on class teams many men secure a valuable opportunity for exercise, and class rivalry and interest is aroused. It is true that the soccer team is still at work on Soldiers Field, but in past years there has been room for both to work along together. Last year the soccer team did not play its last game until December 3. Let the class teams be called out and let the second Freshman team be included in the series as was done last year. It may be a trifle late, but there is still time for a short championship series.