REGISTRATION OF CLUBS

Student Council Committee Desires More Efficient Organizations.

In circulars recently sent out to the secretaries of clubs, the Student Council Committee on Organizations, whose aim is to assist in establishing a higher standard and a greater efficiency among student organizations at Harvard, proposes a co-operative system of registration of organizations other than social, athletic, and editorial, in order to carry out more effectively the work for which it was established.

The plan is as follows; "Registration" will consist of filling with the committee within two weeks of receiving a written request, a list of officers and members, and such other data as may be called for Clubs so registered will then appear in the Harvard University Register, be recognized as of Harvard, and granted the use of college rooms by the Dean's Office, obtain the use of the CRIMSON notice column, of rooms in the Harvard Union subject to the usual regulations, and be entitled to the benefits of the various advantages offered by the Committee. All new clubs may so register with the Student Council at any time, voluntarily or upon request. Finally, in order that the Committee may co-operate more efficiently with and be more representative of these registered clubs, it will introduce next March a new method of organizing the Committee. THE COMMITTEE ON ORGANIZATIONS.