AFTER FIFTEEN YEARS

Perhaps those who are qualified to give the best reason why Harvard has not played football with Princeton for fifteen years are those who went to the bank yesterday to draw out travelling expenses. We have wanted a game with Princeton for years and we are told that a similar sentiment has prevailed down there. Several years ago before the rules were changed, the wearing nature of the game made it impossible for Harvard to consider an additional championship match and still play the two very hard games with Dartmouth and Yale. The more open playing brought about by the new rules has made it feasible for us to include Princeton on our schedule without dropping any of our old rivals. All concerned are heartily glad that at last the football relations between the two universities have been renewed.

The game today promises to be hard fought. The University team has the moral disadvantage of playing on the opponents' field where the majority of sentiment will be against it. But we have heard and we believe that our team is made of fighters, and real fighters are not at their best unless the odds are against them. There will be not a few Harvard supporters on the Princeton field to cheer the team. But whether there or here in Cambridge, each member of the University has the hope of a successful outcome of today's contest uppermost in his mind.