DR. GRENFELL ON LABRADOR

IN LIVING ROOM OF UNION AT 8.15. FIRST NOBLE LECTURE TOMORROW NIGHT.

Dr. Wilfred Thomason Grenfell h. '09 will give an illustrated lecture on "Labrador" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8.15 o'clock. The lecture will be open to members of the Union only.

Dr. Grenfell, who has visited the University a number of times, graduated from Queen's College, Oxford, in 1886, and later worked under Sir Frederick Treves in the London Hospital, where he acquired the medical knowledge necessary for his career. In 1887 he became medical missionary to the North Sea fishermen under the direction of the Royal National Mission to Deep Sea Fishermen, and cruised for a number of years about Iceland attending to the needs of the fishermen. Finally, in 1892, he went to Labrador, where he has worked ever since to alleviate the sufferings of the fishermen by building hospitals, co-operative stores, and orphanages.

Dr. Grenfell will deliver the first of the William Belden Noble Lectures in Sanders Theatre tomorrow evening at 8.15 o'clock.