Hockey Practice in Stadium

The University hockey team was not given a rest yesterday, as on previous Wednesdays, but held a short practice in the Freshman rink at the Stadium in the afternoon, in order to give the new men who will have to be substituted in the Dartmouth game on extra opportunity to practice together. The work consisted of passing drill for various combinations of forwards coming down on a defence. Duncan has returned to the squad but was given very light work, on account of his recent illness. A scrub team composed of players from the University squad held a short scrimmage against the Freshman team in which Sortwell scored the only goal for the Freshmen. In this scrimmage the Freshmen played well together and were quick to follow the puck. The forwards for the University, however, were slow in starting. The line-ups: 1914.  UNIVERSITY. Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Seamans Adams, l.c.  r.c., Whidden Sortwell, r.c.  l.c., Houston Williams, r.e.  l.e., Pierce Wingate, c.p.  c.p., Huntington Willetts, p.  p., Blackall Carnechan, g.  g. Gardner