VISUAL SOCIAL DISTINCTIONS.

Believing that the experiences of other colleges are of interest to Harvard undergraduates, we quote below a recent editorial from the Daily Princetonian. The CRIMSON prints this editorial merely with the hope that it may furnish food for thought.

"Quietly and without cant, the Senior Council and the Senior Class have done something for Princeton's good. The members of the Council unanimously came to the decision that wearing club colors in Princeton was an unnecessary evil and acting on their conviction, quit wearing them. The question was then brought before the Senior sections of the various clubs, and the matter was carefully considered from every point of view. The Senior members of twelve clubs have seen that for a visual social distinction like club hat bands and ties to be the fashion on the campus was directly opposed to the democratic ideals of the place and did much harm. Now it is no longer the fashion. There can be no doubt to any reasonable minded person, that this action of the Senior class is a real contribution to the University's welfare."