Distance Track Men Out Today

All distance men who intend to try for the University track team are requested to report to Coach Donovan at the Locker Building this afternoon between 3 and 5 o'clock. Regular work will be held daily, and it is very important that candidates report on the first day of practice. Owing to the shortness of time before the dual track meet with Annapolis on April 22, it is necessary for the distance men to get in hard and serious work from now on. Candidates for the University team who are trying for the other track events and all Freshman sprinters and distance men will be called out as soon as the track is in condition, which will probably be within the next two weeks.

Candidates for the field events and hurdles should continue to report to Coach Quinn at the Hemenway Gymnasium every afternoon between 2.30 and 5 o'clock. This applies to Freshmen as well as to those trying for the University team. More candidates are needed for the shot-put, hurdles, and standing-jump in which events Harvard men will compete against members of the Brookline Gymnasium team, in connection with the gymnastic exhibition to be given in the Arena on April 15 under the auspices of the American Association of Physical Education. Out door work for the field event men and hurdlers will begin with the work on the track.