SOCCER TEAM DEFEATED, 4 TO 0

At Manchester.--University Players Entertained by Mayor Smith.

The University association football team met with the second defeat of the season on Saturday; losing to the Manchester United Football Club at Manchester, N. H., by the score of 4 to 0. The Manchester team was composed largely of veteran players who had a thorough knowledge of the game. The University team, on the other hand, lacked sustained attack and was weakened by the absence of Fish and Winston from the line-up.

The first goal was made after 15 minutes of play, when Meikle scored from a lively scrimmage.

There was no more scoring until well into the second half when Parkinson, on a brilliant shot from the side-line, landed the ball in the net for the second goal. A few minutes later, Hallowell was forced to retire from the game because of an injury to his knee, and the University team was obliged to play the remainder of the game with ten men. As a result, two more goals were scored before the half ended.

For Harvard, Eaton played an excellent game, while Cunnion's punting had much to do with the Manchester victory.

While in Manchester, the University team was entertained by Mayor Smith. The summary: HARVARD.  MANCHESTER. Chadwick, g.  g., Hartley Barron, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Butler Baldwin, Morriss, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Cunnion Richard, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Brown Eaton, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Davidson Hallowell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Stewart Needham, r.o.f.  l.o.f., McCoo Prescott, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Pollack Greene, c.f.  c.f., Meikle Seamans, l.i.f.  r.i.f. Parkinson Byng, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Addison

Score--Manchester, 4; Harvard, 0. Goals--Meikle 3, Parkinson. Referee--McAuley. Linesmen--T. H. Hardwick '13, Atwood. Time--45-minute halves.