Yale's Plans for Rowing Season

The Yale University crew will row the first race of its schedule against the University of Pennsylvania on the Connecticut River at Springfield on Saturday, May 13. It was at Springfield that the first eight-oared race between Harvard and Yale was held. The city, at the present time, is making many offers in order that the regatta may be again held there instead of at New London, a change that seems improbable.

On the following Saturday Yale will race Princeton and Cornell on Carnegie Lake at Princeton. This race will be of interest in that it marks the return of Princeton to intercollegiate rowing after an absence of more than thirty years.

On May 27, when the University crew will race Cornell at Ithaca, Yale will send her second and freshman eights to the American Henley, where the former will meet the University second crew.

The annual race with Harvard at New London will be held on June 30. This season Yale is making every effort to win, and the result is the strenuous schedule which includes the three best eights of the country. In the last few years Yale crews have not had many races aside from those with the University. This year a more aggressive policy has been adopted in the hope that a well-tried crew may be victorious.