FIELD EVENT COMPETITIONS

Eleven Handicap Contests Will be Held in Baseball Cage During Winter Track Season. Pole-vault Today.

A series of eleven handicap field event competitions will be held in the Baseball Cage during the remainder of the winter track season. The events will be open to candidates for the University and Freshman track teams and cups will be awarded to the winner of first place in each competition. A special cup has also been offered by an alumnus for the man showing the greatest improvement in the broad jump, between now and the end of the winter season.

The first of these, a handicap pole-vaulting competition, will be held in the Baseball Cage this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Entries should be made in the Cage immediately before the beginning of the event and handicaps will be given out at that time.

Complete Schedule.

The complete schedule is as follows: today, pole-vault; January 19, high jump; January 22, broad jump; January 26, 16-pound shot-put; January 29, pole-vault; February 2, high jump; February 5, broad jump; February 8, 16-pound shot-put; February 12, pole-vault; February 14, high jump and broad jump.