THE PRINCETON HOCKEY GAME.

This evening Princeton and Harvard meet on the ice for the second time this season; and from present indications the game should prove one of the most exciting exhibitions of the year. Ten days ago in New York the Harvard team won a hard, uphill game against heavy odds. Tonight the odds are just as heavy against the home team, for the large size of the Boston Arena is well adapted to show off Princeton's roving style of play to the very best advantage. The clash between the best set of forwards in college hockey (as Princeton's four is practically acknowledged to be) and the Harvard defence, should alone present the Canadian game in its very prettiest form. Even those who are indifferent as to the outcome, provided the sport is good, look forward to one of the most interesting games of the winter.

But to the Harvard undergraduate a Princeton game has come, since November 4, to have more than passing significance. To defeat Princeton is now second only to defeating Yale and considering the present Intercollegiate Hockey League situation, a championship hangs in the balance.

Then in a broader sense, hockey is a comparatively new sport and the Boston Arena a venture. If hockey is ever to become a major sport, as may well be the case if it remains popular about Boston, it must have the hearty support of the College. Tonight is one of the very best chances to examine how much the undergraduates care for the game. We believe that it is a sport to be encouraged, that the comparatively few chances to see University hockey games in the past have tended to retard its growth; but that an enthusiastic attendance at tonight's game will not only greatly encourage the team at a decisive moment but will be a great factor toward the successful maintenance of an excellent winter sport.