HARVARD DINNER IN LONDON

Of Interest to All Harvard Men in London Next Summer.

In accordance with the custom inaugurated last July, a second Harvard dinner in London is being planned for next summer, which it is hoped all Harvard graduates and undergraduates, both those whose homes are in London and those who are merely travelling in England during the summer, will be able to attend. A resolution was passed at the previous dinner, authorizing Mr. William Phillips '00, Secretary of the American Embassy, London, to select a graduate or undergraduate of Harvard University likely to be in London next year and advise him as to a proper date for a Harvard dinner, in London, in the summer of 1913. While such an undergraduate has not yet been definitely selected, it is hoped that all Harvard men who expect to be in London at any time during the coming summer will keep the dinner in mind or else write Mr. Phillips some time in the near future with a view of selecting the most suitable date for the occasion.

The dinner last year was held on July 9, at the Imperial Restaurant on Regent street. It was presided over by W. Phillips '00, and Dr. R. Frothingham '92 acted as toastmaster, a great number of toasts being asked for and many speeches made. The dinner was proclaimed entirely successful, and the desire was expressed on all sides to have it become a yearly summer event.