DRILL IN OFFENSIVE WORK

TEAM A GIVEN LONG PRACTICE WITH NEW FORMATIONS AGAINST TEAM B.

The University football squad experienced one of the hardest practices of the season yesterday afternoon, the coaches lining up Team A against Team B and giving the former a long drill in offensive work. Many new line plays and formations, devised for the Dartmouth and Yale games, were tried out. Although no especial attempt to score was made, Brickley and Hollister each kicked a field-goal for his team in the course of scrimmage.

Captain Wendell's ankle has progressed so well that he took part in the practice for a short time. Later Bradlee was substituted for him. Coolidge and Trumbull watched the drill from the sidelines, and Parmenter was also out of practice, being given another day of rest. Owing to Bradley's badly sprained ankle, Gardner and Freedley are now the only quarterbacks on the squad, and it is probable that Hollister and Logan will receive coaching in this position from now on. One of the changes of the afternoon, was the shifting of H. Frothingham from end to the backfield. Frothingham has had considerable experience in this department, having played halfback at Groton, and on last year's Freshman team.