CRIMSON WINS IN A WALK

University Daily's First Man Opens Up Long Lead Which Increases.

For real first-class competition the inter-paper relay race took the cake at the Winter Carnival. Of course (and as we all expected) the CRIMSON proved to be too speedy for the jokesters and the literary artists, and maintained its preeminent position in spite of the unfair tactics of its brotherly and sisterly organizations. The Advocate had cold feet and because of the low temperature of the air only its "baby editor" put in appearance. As the "scribes" were barred from competing, because of the excellent training in which their team had indulged, there were only three starters in the BIG RACE.

R. W. Bennett '13 easily outran the Monthly Page and the Lampy's "Grin." Groves and the "Busy End" then gambolled around the boards while Prexy of the Funny Paper toddled after and the Monthly's representatives sprawled over the track. Managing Editor Phillips kept just ahead of the "Case Against the CRIMSON," and in spite of "dirty-work" maintained the paper's policy of always leading. For the last lap a man by the name of Roosevelt naturally was invincible. The time for the race was not given out for fear of aiding the Yale News in training its team.