MAKE-UP EXAMINATIONS IN APRIL

In the past the College Office has always held make-up examinations in June along with the regular final examinations. To those men who, because of sickness or some other unavoidable cause, have missed their mid-year papers and were forced to take make-ups in June, this arrangement has appeared most unsatisfactory. When a student must taken final examinations in four or five regular courses and in addition must go through the ordeal of several make-ups, he is forced to dissipate his energy and review, with the consequence that he does himself justice in neither set of tests.

The Office, however, has offered a possible remedy for this unsatisfactory arrangement. Those students who were called away to Lawrence for militia duty in the mid-year period were absent from their examinations. In order not to overburden these men with an unbearable amount f work in June, the Office has decided to allow them to take their make-up papers in the latter part of April. This, we believe, is a system of make-ups that might well be permanently adopted.