PLANS FOR LACROSSE SEASON

Outlined at Well-Attended Meeting.--Southern Trip for University Team.

About forty candidates for the University and Freshman lacrosse teams attended a meeting held in Lower Massachusetts last evening.

P. C. Nash '11, captain of last year's championship team, Captain P. Gustafson '12, and Manager S. S. Kingman '12 spoke on various aspects of the game.

Nash gave a short account of the history of lacrosse and of its development into a collegiate sport. Harvard has had a lacrosse team for about twenty-five years, and the prestige of the game is increasing with every season. It is a game for any style or build of athlete and requires as much head work as any other form of sport.

Captain Gustafson outlined the general plans for the season. The University team will play about seven games, and the Freshman team will have games with Andover and with some New York high school, besides the regular class series.

There are nine men back from last year's team, and the prospects are even brighter than at this time last year. The chief positions to be filled are those of the half-defense and goal-tender, and the four weeks of practice before the first game will no doubt be sufficient in which to drill new men to the places.

Manager Kingman explained that, as the schedule had not yet been approved, no definite order of games could be given; but that there would be a Southern training trip during the spring recess including games with Mt. Washington, Johns Hopkins, Cornell, and Hobart. Plans are pending also for another shorter trip.

Practice for the University and Freshman teams will begin under the Stadium next Monday afternoon. As soon as the ground is hard, the teams will hold practice on one of the baseball diamonds.