Review of Class Album

When the 1911 Photograph Committee requested Dean Wells to comment on the result of their work they felt with proper justification, as was admitted by all Harvard men, that their album was more than the ordinary annual improvement over its predecessors, and that it would not be easily surpassed in excellence. Happily, however, Mr. Blackall, chairman of the 1912 committee, et al., have appreciated their commission and have not missed the opportunity to be ranked as the most efficient and successful editors in twenty-three years.

Album Dedicated to Major Higginson.

Like everything with which Major Higginson, to whom the book is dedicated, is connected, the album is a decided credit to the community as well as to those more directly concerned. A gentleman of sounder business judgment, of more unswerving integrity, of more unfailing kindliness, and of greater generosity than Boston's first citizen and Harvard's almost unequalled benefactor would be extremely difficult to find. In honoring such a type of man, 1912 do honor to themselves.

Contents of Album.

This year's album has practically everything that any previous book has had, and a great deal more. Beginning with the artistic book-plate the committee have made improvements and additions throughout, the most noticeable being the addition of the photographs of the members of the Corporation; the splendid set of pictures of the gates, buildings, and perspectives of proposed structures such as the Freshman dormitories and the chemical buildings; and the record-breaking number of cuts with sketches of the college careers of individual members of the class.

About 400 other pictures, which include a valuable set of the Faculty, all University and class teams for the past four years, and student organizations of every description, together with several articles which will preserve a record of the activities and associations with which the members of the class have allied themselves during their college course, fill the remaining pages and make the album of peculiar interest to all Harvard men.

Price is $6.25 Per Copy.

It would unquestionably cost $2500 for an individual to publish a single copy of such a book; nevertheless the album is reported as for sale for $6.25 per copy which is 75 cents less than last year's price. The editors have presented to their classmates a work which truly represents to the world our grand old University